New day greetings to you, dear family!!! As we begin a new day, I reflect upon the words that the Apostle Paul shared with the Colossian leaders. He brings out some good thoughts to keep in mind as a recipe for going through life. Just as with physical food, every day can have different recipes that can be put together by the Master Chef Holy Spirit for us to partake of as spiritual food for living!!! So we can consider these ingredients written for Colossian Pie with the help of the Holy Spirit for you personally. 🙂
Here is Paul’s recipe ingredients to mix into our life as Father guides us:
- Seek to be right and fair in our dealings as we each like to be treated also
- Be devoted to prayer
- Be watchful
- Be thankful
- Pray for open doors for the message of Christ to be proclaimed clearly
- Be wise in how we act towards outsiders
- Make the most of every opportunity
- Let our conversations be always full of grace, seasoned with salt to know how to answer everyone
- Pray for us that we may stand firm in all the the will of God, mature and fully assured.
- Complete the work we have received from the Lord. (Not for salvation, but because we want to out of love for Christ and others.)
Paul concluded his writing with “Grace be with you.” I sooo love Paul’s heart that desired to see us prosper in life that He shared good insights from our Father to help us walk wisely through life, but He always reminds us to see ourselves through our Father’s eyes of grace for us!!! That is the spiritual dessert that we all enjoy, but just like with physical food, we need a healthy balanced diet and can’t always just eat dessert without the meat, fruit, vegetables and whole grains, too!!! Sooo, consider this recipe as Father guides you as the Chef of your life today.
How is He guiding you to creatively cook with these ingredients and serve them??? In it all, happy cooking in life with Dad and enjoy that grace dessert in a nice healthy proportion!!! Oh, that all just makes me smile as Father worked with me to cook this up today!!! Thanks for the generational recipe that you handed down to us Paul – it has fed many over the years and it’s still being used today!!!
Much love to you all, family and sooo proud of you for cooking in life for Dad and others!!! 🙂 YUMMY!!!