New day greetings of opportunity for living life being loved perfectly to you, dear family!!! Life has purpose for each one of us and our Father created each one of us oh sooo special – fully equipped with all the right divine stuff for being us individually in the world as only we each one can with His Holy Spirit Power working in us!!! Our Father placed Adam into the Garden of Eden with purpose for his days:
“Then God said, “Let us (the trinity Father, Son and Holy Spirit) make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
Genesis 1:26 NIV
“The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.”
Genesis 2:15 NIV
“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
Ephesians 2:10 NIV
The Apostle Paul said this about our lives:
“People must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good in order to provide for daily necessities and not live unproductive lives.”
Titus 3:14 NIV
His advice to Titus:
“Teach what is in accord with sound doctrine.”
He then gave specific advice for teaching different people groups as follows:
- Be temperate
- Be worthy of respect
- Be self-controlled
- Be sound in faith, in love and in endurance
- Be reverent in the way you live
- Do not be slanderers
- Do not be addicted to much wine
- Teach what is good
- Train younger women to love their husbands and children
- Be self-controlled and pure
- Be busy at home
- Be kind
- Be subject to your husbands in godliness – (let him lead as God leads him with the sharing of your Godly insights considered)
- Encourage them to be self-controlled (Holy Spirit led, not led by the flesh)
Slaves (Those who work for a boss)
- Be subject to their masters (bosses) in everything (everything not contrary to God’s will for you – let your boss lead with your Godly input)
- Try to please your bosses
- Do not talk back to bosses
- Do not steal from bosses
- Show your boss you can be fully trusted
- Teach in accord with sound doctrine
- In everything, set a good example by doing what is good.
- Show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned
- Encourage and rebuke with all authority
- Do not let anyone despise you
- Avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.
- Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him/her a second time. After that have nothing to do with him/her. You may be sure that such a person is warped and sinful, he/she is self-condemned.
- Be subject to rulers and authorities (everything not contrary to God’s will for you – let them lead considering your Godly input)
- Be obedient
- Be ready to do whatever is good
- Slander no one
- Be peaceable
- Be considerate
- Show true humility towards all
- Say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions
- Live self-controlled (Spirit-led), upright and Godly lives in this present age while we wait for the blessed hope – the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for Himself a people that are His very own, eager to do what is good.
And for why are these things good to do???
- So no one will malign the Word of God
- So that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us
- So no one will malign the Word of God
- So in every way we can make the teachings about God our Savior attractive
- So that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good.
- These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.
The assurance of grace and Father’s help in it all:
“When the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by His grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.”
The Bible is full of good wisdom for all of life!!! How do we do that which is good in life??? We trust in the power of the Holy Spirit to help us:
“For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His purpose.”
I love what the Apostle Paul says after giving such a long list of what to do and not do that is for the good of all people and for bringing glory to our Father:
“Grace be with you all.”
Aaahhh, sweet grace to help us, empower us and cover us with forgiveness in all of life!!! Lord, we thank you for all that you have done and continue to do for us as this song says here.
Know you are a powerful saint through faith in Jesus, dear one and you are loved with His unfailing, unconditional love!!! Through the cross, we are set free from the wages of sin and seen as holy, without blemish, without accusation and with no condemnation!!! Let us “continue in our faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel!!!” “For it is by grace you have been saved through faith–and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God” – saved by grace for forever eternal life with Jesus and not by works, we are!!! Wooohooo!!! Praise our sweet Jesus!!! Much love to you dear family!!! I’m a gal trusting in Jesus to live life to His glory according to His grace and Spirit that empowers us with you all wherever you are!!! Let’s keep sharing the heart of our King – it’s the powerful grace life!!!
Titus 2-3; Philippians 2:13, Colossians 1:21-23; Ephesians 2:8 NIV