Oh we live in a world of diverse people, amen?!! I am thankful that we have a holy God who sets the standard of what is good and right for us in life and His Spirit guides us each one individually as we look to Him.
Our Father gives us wisdom regarding eternal issues and absolute truths, but what about those “gray areas”–subjects that are questionable and maybe even fuzzy. Christians can differ on these issues and still be part of the same organization and/or family with the help of our Father’s Spirit with us!!! He leads each one of us individually!!! YAY!!! For example, for one person having a glass of wine may not be an issue before the Lord for one, but to an alcoholic struggling to overcome addiction that is destructive to their success in life, it can be a big issue!!! Oh the enemy of this world laughs at destroying people!!!
There can be various examples where on some issues, scripture may not declare a definite right or wrong. So what to do??? Here are some thoughts to consider in pondering Romans 14 as we interact with others with different opinions from our own:
- Be open, not condescending (vv. 1-3)
- Remember that everyone answers to the Lord individually. (v. 4)
- Cling to our own convictions spoken to us individually by the Lord. (v. 5)
- Whatever our values, our motive should be to please our Father’s heart as it is best for us. (v. 6-9)
- We are ultimately accountable to the Lord. (v. 10-12)
- We should not cause anyone to stumble (v. 13)
- We can hear the thoughts of others for a wise person is open to godly wisdom, but we should not let others impose their values on us and vice versa. Our Father is the only one authorized to lead us personally. (v. 14)
- Make love our highest aim. (v. 15)
- Major on the majors and minor on the minors. (vv. 16-18)
- Pursue peace and adding value to people. (v. 19)
- Let us not destroy anyone by imposing our values on them. (vv. 20-22)
- Anything is of wrong motive that is not done out of personal faith in Jesus. (v. 23)
These are good things to keep in mind dear family and in it all, we can know that one thing is true, everybody struggles in relationships because of the flesh and the enemy of this world and our Father extends us each loving and forgiving grace through our faith in His finished work on the cross.
Through our faith in Him, He sees us all as righteous, holy, without blemish and without accusation – with no condemnation!!! Bless Him!!! Even Jesus had challenges in this world and He was perfect!!! As His kids, it is important to see ourselves with the right mindset in remembering that it is He who works in us to will and to act according to His purpose, so we can rest in His personal guidance for us each one in all our relationships!!! YAY!!! Sweet Jesus victory is ours as He says:
“…in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loves us.”
Romans 8:37 NIV
Our Father’s grace is sufficient to find us and see us through all of our lives as we trust in Him as this song says here!!! I sooo love that thought!!! It just makes me smile!!! 🙂