It’s Christmas Eve, sweet family of saints!!! Oh Christmas is sweet in sooo many ways!!! DIVINE YUMMY!!! 🙂 If your house is like most, there is lots of candy around to enjoy and one particular kind of candy I recall in thought today is the candy cane – oh it is an interesting piece of candy in deed!!!
The candy cane is red and white striped and J shaped and is symbolic of Christ in these ways:
- The white is symbolic of purity like Jesus who was born into this world as God Himself without sin. Through the cross that was the reason Jesus was born into this world, thru our faith in His sacrifice there for each person in the world’s sins, He sees us as His beloved children as holy, blameless, without accusation and with no condemnation, gives to us a forever without end reconciled relationship with Him as our Father, has rescued us from death and eternal separation from Him and indwells our hearts with His Holy Spirit to seal us as His and to guide us thru this life!!! Oh there are lots of benefits to having faith in Jesus as our Savior!!! If you do not have Him as your Savior, just talk to Him as a friend and tell Him you recognize Him as your Savior from sin, too and you want to have His presence with you to help you thru all of life until His Kingdom is ushered in in fullness where we shall all be together as His royal family and enjoy all the glorious riches of life without anymore troubles by the enemy of this world!!!
- The red stripe on the candy cane reminds us of His intimate love for us each one as His beloved children of faith. Intimacy (in-to-me-see) is a special love relationship that we each one have with Him thru our faith in His finished work on the cross for us. He reveals His Holy Spirit to our hearts only in divine ways and He sees our hearts laid bare before Him with His totally pure acceptance and love of each one of us. The red stripe is also symbolic of His stripes of whippings that He took upon Himself in receiving the wages of all people’s sins as His Word says:
“He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by His stripes you have been healed.”
1 Peter 2:24
- If the candy cane is held like this J it is symbolic of the name of JESUS that begins with the letter J. This is to remind us of the reason we celebrate Christmas!!!
- If the candy cane is held in the opposite direction, it symbolizes a shepherd’s hook that is symbolic of Jesus as our good Shepherd who guides us as His sheep to protect us from predators and harm, keeping us safe in His care and going in the right direction in life.
- Another yummy thing about the candy cane is that its taste is sweet to our taste and that sweetness is symbolic of the sweetness of our Father’s love, His grace, His power and His wise Word, His love letter to us – the Bible!!! In His written Word, He says:
“Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him.”
“How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth.”
Joseph was a man who had chosen Mary, the mother of Jesus to be his wife before she had conceived within her the Christ child by the power of our Father’s Holy Spirit that created life in her!!! Joseph, upon finding out that Mary was with child was very fearful of rejection by society should it be found out that Mary was bethrothed to Him and show up pregnant before they were married. Isn’t it interesting how the humble King of Glory humbled the hearts of Joseph and Mary so that they could handle the position He gave them in life!!! Can you imagine if they had not had humble hearts about the gift of purpose God had given to them??? How different it would have been if pride and boasting was present:
As it was, Joseph was wounded by the enemy-produced fear of rejection and so he sought to control the situation by quietly divorcing Mary until the Lord revealed to Him the truth of the situation and the tremendous privilege that he had been given to lead and care for Mary and Jesus’ coming into the world to bless all the people of the world. What the enemy sought to use to destroy God’s plan, our Father used for the good in Joseph and Mary’s lives, though!!! That is just how our Father takes care of us His kids!!! He is always working all things for the good of those called according to His purpose, too!!! Oh it is amazing how sweet our Father’s truths are as they bring into our lives victory over the enemy of this world!!! YAY!!! WAY TO GO FATHER!!! Joseph found relieve in being held by the love and confidence that our Father had in Him in choosing him to be man enough to handle the situation presented to him with the sufficiency of God’s grace, love, wisdom and power with him!!! Ruh, ruh, ruh!!! 🙂 It is interesting the timing of the census that required Joseph to take Mary and leave for Bethlehem. Oh our Father has a way of protecting His!!!
As I reflect upon this Christmas story on this Christmas Eve as Jesus is about to make His appearance into each of our lives, I ponder its application to our lives today and I ask you as I ask myself “How are we afraid of rejection by the people of the world, dear one???” “How are we seeking to control life on our own apart from God’s will to protect us from being wounded by the world of people???” “What would be the divine that could happen if we choose to just be held in God’s love, acceptance of us and His confidence in us to handle the privilege of His divine purpose for our lives and go with it into the world trusting our Father to take care of us???”
I love this short little video and song here that reminds me of the Christ child with His God-given earthly father and mother. How precious the gift they had of each other in this world!!!
How precious the gift we all are receiving with Jesus being born into our lives this Christmas Eve!!! WOOOHOOO!!! HOW EXCITING!!! WAY TO GO FATHER OF LOVE, POWER AND GRACE!!! MAKE THE DIVINE HAPPEN AS YOU DO DIVINELY!!! As for each of us, let us consider how we can prepare Him room in our hearts as the man who owned the Inn did in the Christmas story!!! While the Inn was full, he gave what he could – his lowly manger that was perfect for the birth of the humble King who gave up His heaven’s throne to step into the world to make a forever difference in the lives of all who believe in His saving grace!!! 🙂 Christmas love to you sweet family, wherever you are!!! I am sooo proud of you and your hearts that seek after Jesus and celebrate the gift of Him with us!!! Just be held by His love, grace, power and grace to you as sufficient today!!!