My Father lays it upon my heart today the importance of relationships and the influence that they can have on our lives. Our Father made us to be in close personal relationship with Him as a priority in our lives and when we draw close to Him and love Him with all of our heart, with all of our soul and with all of our mind and with all of our strength as He tells us is the greatest Word in all the Bible, we find the unfailing, unconditional love that gives us the strength, the love, the courage and the wisdom to deal rightly in all other relationships in life!!! Oh our Father is sooo smart and that is why He tells us:
“…do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.”
The Apostle Paul then goes on to share with us in Father’s Word:
“For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of yourself that you ought to think; but think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.”
When we see ourselves as our Father sees us in the close intimacy (in-t0-me-see) perfect love relationship we have with Him, we see ourselves as His beloved children of faith in whom He delights!!! We also see that thru our faith in His finished work on the cross for the sins of each one of us, we know that He sees us as saved sinners that have the issue of the enemy Satan to contend with as long as we do life here on this earth!!! Our Father sees us as holy, without blemish and without accusation and with no condemnation in Him thru our faith in His sacrifice for us to set us free from the wages of sin!!! He also gives us choice in life and His Word (the Bible) to help us make the best divine choices in how we live life here on earth. When we have made mistakes, our Father desires that we realize it, accept it, learn from it and move on into life making better choices in the future, being the wiser from what we learn. There are natural consequences for our choices and our sweet Father wants us to have the best life possible in choosing His ways for ourselves. We are already saved from the wages of sin thru His work on the cross, so we will never be cast away from our Father’s love and acceptance, nor will we ever be cast away from being part of His royal family in His paradise kingdom coming soon. YAY!!!
Having said that, our Father desires that we love and help each other as His kids in this life though and when we are choosing to walk in ways that are contrary to our Father, it is good when we are open to listening to others who love us enough to warn us and help us to see our Father’s heart for us!!! Our Father tells us:
“As iron sharpens iron, so one a person sharpens another.”
Oh I sooo love it when my family of saints help me in life to see clearly the divine life!!! Sometimes it can be hard to hear when we have messed up at first, but if we can see it as their love for us, we can take it before our Father and ask Him His view of it and if it is valid criticism before Him, we should seek to turn from the wrong and walk in the best life!!! I sooo love that thought of living life best!!! Our Father tells us that wounds from a friend can be trusted in Proverbs 27:6. If we turn a friend away that speaks our Father’s truth to us in love for us, we may lose one of the best friends we could have!!! YIKES!!! WATCH OUT!!!
It is never easy to speak hard things of godly correction to people we love and while seeking to help those we love, sometimes it can go well if they listen to what our Father lays on our heart to speak to them and they seek our Father, perhaps godly counsel about it, too, repent or turn the other way and do what is right in life. While our Father tells us iron sharpens iron and a person sharpens another, He also warns us:
“Do not be deceived.” “Bad company corrupts good morals.”
1 Corinthians 15:33NASB
When the effect of a friend upon us is negative, we must be careful the negative influence does not change us from what is of our Father. Consider that to not speak Truth in love and to continually just go along without helping godly change to happen, we may be actually condoning ungodliness to continue!!! YIKES!!! LET US LOVE ONE ANOTHER BEST AND DIVINE!!! Ungodly influence may make it necessary to even separate ourselves from a relationship if godly change doesn’t happen. Often we can enter a relationship thinking that perhaps we can influence them or help them change, but the reality is that we cannot make people change. We can speak Truth in love and faithfulness, but only the work of the Holy Spirit can help a person and help them to see the Truth and even with that, He still gives them choice to choose His Truth or not. A good example of this is in the story of Joseph and Mary when Joseph was wanting to secretly divorce Mary because she ended up with the Christ child before they were married. The Lord was able to help Joseph see the divine in the situation and He changed Joseph’s heart. Hence, Joseph was open to choosing to continue in the relationship with Mary. YAY!!! WAY TO CHOOSE JESUS, JOSEPH!!! I BE BLESSED BY THAT RIGHTEOUS CHOICE!!! I’VE GOT MY DIVINE VICTORY DANCING SHOES ON AND WHOOPING IT UP WITH GRATEFULNESS!!! THAT CHOICE MADE A FOREVER DIFFERENCE TO ME AND MANY!!! 🙂 Another example to consider is the example of King Herod who had the light of the three wise men present him Truth about Christ born into the world and he chose in his heart to reject and destroy Christ’s partnership with him, hence, the Lord advised the three wise men not to return to King Herod, but to go a different direction.
Our Father gives us His heart and His Spirit’s power at work in us for our best life, forever set free in Him from sins bondage control upon us. His loving heart for us is to choose His heart:
“You shall not follow the masses in doing evil.”
We have freedom of choice and power to overcome bondage to sin!!! There is a day coming when our Father will also separate those who are His from those who choose to reject Him rather than trust in Him as their Savior. Our Father does not partner with those bent on evil intent to destroy His kingdom and His kids, nor does He expect us to partner with evil as His kids of faith.
If you should find yourself in a questionable relationship, here are some thoughts to consider about whether or not it is appropriate to end a relationship:
- Don’t end a relationship just because someone speaks Godly Truth to you. We may lose one of the best friends we could have. We must realize that everyone misbehaves sometimes, even ourselves. Our Father says to deny our personal sin is to be a liar. (1 John 1:8)
- Don’t tell a friend Truth and walk away all mad never to relate with them again. Give them time to respond. If a friend acknowledges the problem and tries to change, be there for them to encourage them and support them in their efforts to live in godliness!!! This is not a good time to end a relationship.
- If someone is continually or habitually intent on working against our Father (not just slipping up and making an occasional mistake) gradually separate yourself from them and widen your circle of friends to include those that are healthy for you. If immediate severing of a relationship is necessary, tell the person you wish them well, but want to spend time with others in your life. Seek to end relationships without being unfriendly in the process. If paths cross again, be friendly instead of being an enemy. This is in keeping with our Father’s heart:
“If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all people.”
- Find courage to end friendships when you must and tact to do it peacefully as possible. Ending with bitterness, anger and confusion is not the best way!!! Clarity in what the problem issues are helps both sides to have possible successful repentance, resolution and reconciliation.
- If someone chooses not to change or do life with you in the future, don’t force them to, but rather rest in Father’s love and grace for you as sufficient, pray, move on in life and find joy and the blessings of being with people who love and care for you and desire the divine contributions of love and godliness that you have to add to their lives as Father guides you in loving them. He has made us to be in relationship with people and when two people look to Christ as the center of their relationships, it always brings the divine blessings into each of our lives that our Father intended when He said:
“…love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul and with all your mind, and with all your strength.” Secondly… “love your neighbor as yourself.”
“As I have loved you, so you must love one another.”
Much love to you all wherever you are today, dear family!!! May our Father guide you in His wisdom, give you peace, strength and courage to carry out His will, His plan and His purpose for you in all the relationships He places around us!!! Always hold close to the power of God’s love for you above all as this song says here.