Kingdom family on the move into the world for Jesus, oh that is what we are, dear saints!!! Every day is a new adventure to look forward to!!!
Being on the move in life is good as it is what the Apostle Paul did and it is what Jesus did after His resurrection!!! It is what Jesus called His disciples to do in life, too!!! Keep moving forward!!! Jesus did not let His love and desire to stay in His past 33 years on earth keep Him from the new actions and new opportunities that His Father had for Him and He did not want the disciples to live in the past and not move forward with the new actions and new opportunities that He had for them either!!! Oh I am sooo thankful they moved forward with Father’s divine plans of them!!! I have faith in Jesus because of that and oh sooo thankful for that!!! I just don’t know what I would do without Jesus in life!!!
When Jesus asked Peter if he loved Him on the beach after Jesus’ death on the cross and resurrection, Peter looked back and saw someone else walking behind them. He began to focus on that person behind and he asked Jesus “what about this man?” Jesus response was in essence “what is that to you what my plans are for him??? You follow Me.” (John 21:20-22)
Jesus may have had a plan for Peter to have divine journey with the man behind them or not and perhaps it would vary as He carried out His divine purpose for each one of them over the course of time. That is why Jesus said “you follow Me.” Oh when we each one oh so special follow Jesus, He gets us there to the divine places in life just right!!! YAY!!! GOOO JESUS!!! GOOO KINGDOM KIDS WITH JESUS WITH YOU!!! ME, TOO!!!
Looking back in life can have fond memories and other memories that are hard for us to look back on. We can learn from past experiences and move forward, but sometimes people can find it difficult from pulling away from the past to move forward because they allow worldly (unproductive) regret to set up shop, slow them down or stop them from freely taking what was learned and moving forward into divine new life action given the opportunities that they have today and tomorrow (productive regret)!!! If something teaches us and leads us to the better, the wiser, why would there be guilty regret??? Here are some thoughts to ponder about regret that is defined as: “I change my mind.” I change one care or interest for another.” I change my mind (generally for the better).” “I repent – change the inner person (particularly with reference to acceptance of the will of God.)”
What causes one to repent of worldly or ungodly regret instead of letting it go??? What keeps one stuck in the past??? Our Father tells us this:
“…do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance.”
If our Father sees His children thru eyes of grace, so should each of us as His kids see ourselves in ways of godliness and that means to see ourselves thru eyes of grace!!! We are all in the process of growing for all of our lives and just because we are of a certain age does not mean that we should expect that we have stopped learning and growing in life, or that just because we have children, or a spouse or employees, or peers that we should be perfect!!! Jesus sees us as perfect thru our faith in Him, but still we each person alive will continue to grow and learn and we should not condemn ourselves for not having been born with the full knowledge of God. God is beyond us in wisdom and that is why we need Him to focus on!!! We must remember we are in a war with the enemy of this world and none of us (not even Jesus was) exempt from Satan’s pressures and influence. Even so the case, I say “HOOORAHHH” because we live, we learn and keep walking forward with the same fighting Spirit for Jesus as the Apostle Paul did when he wrote:
“I have fought the good fight – I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
2 Timothy 4:7
This is the same man who had a past less than perfect, but a record of learning from it, embracing the divine life for his life moving forward and keeping faith in Jesus to work thru him to make a divine difference right wherever Jesus took him in life fighting the enemy of life with him!!!
Here are some thoughts to ponder about letting go of past mistakes and sorrows over it:
- Take what you learn from it, make apologies and restitution for your part, ask for forgiveness from others and our Father, extend grace to others as we have been forgiven by our Father for our mistakes and move forward the wiser where Jesus leads daily, doing what we can where we are and with what we have to improve ourselves, while resting that our Father’s grace for us is always sufficient!!!
- Shift from spending energy on the inside of you worrying over the past to spending energy given by the Holy Spirit to put forth on the outside of you. (I can’t change what happened, but I can do better now with opportunities given.) Resist riding onward with past sorrows.
- Set new goals – find something positive and meaningful to focus on. Change your strategy with motivation for new action.
- Write a letter to yourself as if you were someone else needing to forgive themselves for their past. They need forgiveness, mercy, compassion and divine encouragement. What would you write to them with Father’s guidance??? Claim that for you!!!
- Realize that often, if given life to do it all over again, the outcome would be no different. Perhaps it was meant to be and Father has a divine plan at work in our lives!!!
- Reduce reliance on something specific happening in life in order to have joy in the Lord and seeing ourself as a success!!! Faith in Jesus’ grace is our success in life!!! We can trust Jesus where we are right now and not let our life depend on something specific happening. We can let our life right now be a spiritual act of worship of He who loves us!!! Change where change is needed and Spirit-led in ways that you can, resting in Jesus for what is beyond that. Let us not let the enemy kick us over and over and over and over and on and on and on on the inside. If someone was physically kicking us on our outside, would we let it continue? I don’t think so!!! Neither should we let it happen on our inside!!! There has to be a way of stopping him!!! He laughs at beating us up with guilt trips!!! We are called to destroy the works of the enemy and that includes stopping letting him bully us over our past, sweet saints!!!
- Tell ourselves “I learned a lot from my past and I am worthy of a bright future!!!”
- Allow ourselves to see ourselves as human because that is what we are!!! Humans make mistakes and thru faith in Jesus, we are continually loved and forgiven and powerful to rise up and move forward in victory!!! As we look to Him, He will make our paths straight on course for His purpose for us!!!
- Focus on the fact that other people have regrets, too and some may be even more wrenching than yours or mine!!! Oh may they find the divine life to move forward in victory!!! Perhaps you can help them??? Let us seek to build empathy for others thru what we have experienced in life and put it into action to encourage others!!! Consider that what happened in the past to us individually could have been worse!!! This brings gratitude into our lives!!! Let us consider that possibility to take on the challenges of the enemy!!! Let us not let him stop us in moving forward for divine life that is a heavenly mindset, being strong and courageous with divine reason to push onward ho in celebration of new opportunities to defeat the enemy of this world and bring victory to those around us, bring glory to Jesus and further our royal kingdom family of which we are sons and daughters – princes and princesses!!! 🙂 Special and divine, all victorious, more than conquerors in all things and loved forever by the King of kings and Lord of lords we are!!! YYYIIIPPPEEE!!!
Godly regret (productive regret) can be positive if we are moved to let it move us forward divinely and act on new opportunities around us in life!!! I get inspired by that thought!!!
Worldly enemy regret (sorrow) is crippling and it is better to take a step of faith with Jesus power with us by trying something new based on what we have learned from the past than to waste future opportunity sulking with the enemy over what might have been different. In this way of stepping in faith in Jesus with the past, we minimize future regrets of not going for Jesus and staying where the devil wants to hold us in bondage!!! NEVER BE THAT!!! NEVER!!! Let’s go for a Godly, not worldly, enemy-regret-free salvation life and put the Holy Spirit power on as He leads us stepping for new adventure life into today and the future!!! “For it is He who works in us to will and act according to His good purpose.” (Philippians 2:13)
I love this song of Father’s grace for us here. Father’s peace, love, grace, power and victory to you wherever you are!!! Divine sisterly love to you, too!!! Proud of you for letting go of what needs to be let go and taking hold of Father’s righteous right hand of love for ya!!! Going for Father with ya into this world!!!